The i5 laptops are high-end performers whose capability is undisputable. They are the second generation of computers from the top notch i7 laptops. These PC are hard to buy more so when you are on a tight budget. However, with a comprehensive search, you can still get a cheap i5 laptop.
The best cheap i5 laptop under review here is the Dell Inspiron i555 premium laptop. Its budget is less than $400, and there are purchase offers of good refurbished cheap i5 laptops under $300. These are irresistible offers, and you will get the real value of your money. If you need a gaming laptop or an office laptop, this is the best choice to have in your shopping basket.
Its features include:
- Its screen size is 15.6 inch and a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
- Its dimensions are 14.9 x 10.3 x 1 inches and weigh approximately 5.4 pounds.
- Its processor is Intel Core i5 quad core with a CPU speed of 2.9 GHz
- It has an Ethernet port and is Bluetooth enabled.
- Its heat management capabilities are excellent.
- It uses Windows 10 operating system.
- Its lithium-ion battery can last up to 5 hours on a full charge.
- It can read and write to a DVD or a CD. This capability makes it efficient for light web development projects as well as doing power point presentations.
- It also has microphones and headphones ports which make it easy to connect to an external speaker.
- It has a back end LED lighting system on its display.
- It has a standard keyboard with 10-key-pads and also a multi-touch pad.
- It has an AMD chipset, and its graphic card is the integrated one.
- Its hard drive has a rotational speed of 5400RPM and an HDD storage space of 500GB.
- It has 6 GB single channel DDR3l which is packaged on 4 GB and 2GB respectively.
- It has a 3.0 USB and two 2.0 USB ports in addition to a card reader slot. The card reader can work with SD, SDHC, and SDXC.
- The purchase comes with a one year warranty, and their customer service is efficient.
- Unfortunately, the laptop has no button to indicate when the num lock is on but this is a minor flaw which cannot be taken to discredit all its useful features. Maybe this is one of the few drawbacks which make it a cheap i5 laptop.
- The keyboard keys are a bit stiff, and they have a longer press distance.
Why choose this laptop.
The majority of i5 laptops with similar capabilities cost more than $500. It is a cheap i5 laptop which if taken care of in the right way can last for quite a long time. It also has a one year warranty just in case anything goes wrong before you feel the real value for your money. You will get a replacement of the machine as long as it is sent back on time. You should ensure that it is in the same shipping condition as it was during delivery.